2023 We the People Convening: General Session
In October of 2023, the Washington State Office of Equity hosted the We the People Convening; free entry to all Washingtonians, this event centered on bringing Washington state employees and community members together. Held at the Tacoma Convention Center, community members and state agencies gathered to build relationship, knowledge share about their pro-equity anti-racism (PEAR) journey, and look towards the future to make the evergreen state truly equitable.
Come watch the Office of Equity's General Session, hosted by TraeAnna Holiday, the Office of Equity's Communications Director. Expand on the Office of Equity's Annual Report as we showcase all of the improvements and changes the office has been through over the past year.
- Megan Matthews, Director of the Office of Equity
- iisaaksiichaa braine, Tribal Liaison for the Office of Equity
- Governor Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington State
- Baionne Coleman, CEO of Rainier Valley Leadership Academy
- Blaze Vincent, Black Prisoners Caucus Community Group
- K. Wyking Garrett, Africatown Community Land Trust