The problem of systemic racism is much bigger than mere reparations can solve. I am not opposing reparations mark you, but the only thing that can actually make any difference is an everyday, ordinary and yet incorruptible regard for human life in every single person regardless of their color. Abhijit Naskar
WHAT IT IS
- How Structural Racism Works (video 1:00:00) Tricia Rose, PhD – Brown University
- Structural Racism in America – Urban Wire
- Definition of Systemic Racism in Sociology by Nicki Lisa Cole, PhD – ThoughtCo.
- 5 Examples of Institutional Racism in the Unites States by Nadra Kareem Nittle – ThoughtCo.
HOW IT SHOWS UP
- The symbols of systemic racism – and how to take away their power (video 7:01) Paul Rucker
- Retaining Benefits Avoiding Responsibility by Paul Kivel
- Story of Access in Public Spaces (video 7:59) Stanley Nelson & Starbucks Coffee Company
- A Conversation with Latinos on Race (video 6:41) Op-Docs & The New York Times
UNDOING SYSTEMIC RACISM
- What Has — and Hasn’t — Changed Since “Dear White Boss…” by Keith A. Caver and Ancella B. Livers – Harvard Business Review
- Being Anti-Racist Talking About Race - National Museum of African American History & Culture - Smithsonian
- 10 Ways to Promote Anti-Racism in the Workplace (8:30) Dana Brownlee - Forbes
- How To Dismantle Racism In The Workplace: It Starts At The Top by Carmen Morris - Forbes