Budgeting and procurement driven by employee and customer needs.
An agency’s budget and spend is a reflection of their commitment to Equity, Diversity, Access, and Belonging. Agencies strive to meet employee and customer needs, but they may face significant resource barriers. Office of Equity Consultants can provide consultation to help agency leaders strategically plan their budgets and procurement to overcome resource barriers and utilize resources more equitably. Focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- Decision Package requests
- Equity, diversity, access, and belonging impact statements and data
- Connection to agency and statewide strategic plans and outcomes
- Stakeholder responses
- Interagency coordination
- Supplier diversity1
- Washington State Office of Minority & Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) certified vendors
- Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) certified vendors
- Disability-owned businesses
- LGBTQ+-owned businesses
- Contracted service providers
- Civil rights legal compliance
- Culturally relevant and responsive services
1 An area that is being led by DES and OMWBE currently. Office of Equity will need to determine scope of its consultation.